- Visit our new public site: catholicnews.com
- Priest’s 100-mile bike ride raises COVID-19 aid for parish — and hope
- Weapons must be set aside for peace to flourish, pope says
- Vatican says baptisms that used a modified formula are not valid
- Lebanon’s Catholic leaders seek help; here’s where you can donate
- Catholic leaders call for prayers, help after massive Beirut blasts
- Pope calls for prayers for Lebanon after deadly explosion in Beirut
- Explosion in Beirut adds suffering to Lebanon’s dire situation
- Missing Mass: Social isolation keeps elders safe but lonely
- Vatican workers who meet public tested for COVID-19 antibodies
- Bishops from Japan, U.S. call Catholics to work for nuclear disarmament
- Film director switches formats, writes book on grandpa’s WWII heroism
- John Hume, who helped bring peace to Northern Ireland, dies at 83
- Conversion has personal, social dimensions, Franciscan leader says
- German author says retired Pope Benedict is ‘extremely frail’
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Faith Alive!
My name is Andrew and I am a priest for the Diocese of Paterson, New Jersey. Now I could tell you that I’ve always wanted to be a priest, but that is not true.
I could tell you that I’ve always had a deep personal relationship with God, but that is not true. And I could tell you that my decision to enter this vocation was peaceful and beautiful, but that is most definitely not true.
I’m not special. I am not impressively holy or pious. My vocation journey was not magical. My path was not obvious. Maybe this is ringing bells for some of you. Continue reading
“Maybe what you’re looking for in all these other things, maybe you’ll find it in Jesus Christ.”
These words pierced my heart like a sword as I sat before the beloved priest who delivered this message with intensity and invitation.
I knew he was right, and God used that one simple sentence to convict me of my deepest desires and reveal my call to become the bride of Christ as a religious sister. Authentic love changed the course of my life and continues to do so to this very day. Continue reading