- Deaf survivors call on Vatican to release documents on abusers
- Philippine bishops release additional guidelines to fight coronavirus
- Almsgiving: An overshadowed Lenten pillar has something to say
- Catholic Scout councils not affected by bankruptcy case, chairman says
- Being meek does not mean being a pushover, pope says at audience
- Eastern churches help Catholic Church be truly catholic, bishop says
- Virgil Dechant, past supreme knight of Knights of Columbus, dies at 89
- Raphael’s tapestries briefly return to Sistine Chapel
- Pope adds year of missionary service to Vatican diplomats’ training
- British Columbia couple on quarantined cruise ship relying on faith
- Pope on women in Amazon church: Don’t try to ‘clericalize’ them
- Remains of aborted babies now in final resting place in Indiana cemetery
- Sunday Scripture reading, Feb. 16, 2020: Aim for peace
- Pope shares with U.S. bishops his frustration with reaction to Amazon text
- To prevent spread of COVID-19, Hong Kong Diocese cancels Masses
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Faith Alive!
My name is Andrew and I am a priest for the Diocese of Paterson, New Jersey. Now I could tell you that I’ve always wanted to be a priest, but that is not true.
I could tell you that I’ve always had a deep personal relationship with God, but that is not true. And I could tell you that my decision to enter this vocation was peaceful and beautiful, but that is most definitely not true.
I’m not special. I am not impressively holy or pious. My vocation journey was not magical. My path was not obvious. Maybe this is ringing bells for some of you. Continue reading
“Maybe what you’re looking for in all these other things, maybe you’ll find it in Jesus Christ.”
These words pierced my heart like a sword as I sat before the beloved priest who delivered this message with intensity and invitation.
I knew he was right, and God used that one simple sentence to convict me of my deepest desires and reveal my call to become the bride of Christ as a religious sister. Authentic love changed the course of my life and continues to do so to this very day. Continue reading