- Christian crowd vows to ‘reclaim Jesus’ from polarized U.S.
- Mercy Friday: Pope surprises students rehearsing after school
- Sunday Scripture readings, May 27, 2018: Are you in on this mystery?
- Commentary: ‘Do this in memory of me’
- Abortion doesn’t protect women’s human rights, Vatican official says
- Veterans found ‘life-changing,’ ‘healing’ experience at Lourdes
- Scouts see how different faith traditions live out Ten Commandments
- Commentary: British doctor’s letter to Ireland ahead of Irish referendum on abortion
- Remains of St. John XXIII begin pilgrimage in his home diocese
- Ryan, Brownback, archbishop address National Catholic Prayer Breakfast
- Chicago priest’s effort to build community earns CCHD leadership award
- Pope to meet with second group of abuse survivors from Chile
- Pope prays that Catholics in China may live their faith in peace
- Church official cautiously optimistic about DACA bills before Congress
- Cardinal stats: Pope makes college more international, not much younger
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: U.S.
By Greg Erlandson Catholic News Service WASHINGTON (CNS) — One of Roma Downey’s life lessons came from her mother’s cabinet full of broken china. The well-known actress and producer of three popular biblical movies recounts an experience growing up in … Continue reading
By Carol Zimmermann Catholic News Service WASHINGTON (CNS) — In front of a small crowd of cabinet members and religious leaders at the White House Rose Garden May 3, President Donald Trump announced, and then signed, an executive order giving … Continue reading
By Jessica Able Catholic News Service LOUISVILLE, Ky. (CNS) — Daisy Baez walks along the rows of barns on the backside of Churchill Downs before day breaks on a Wednesday two weeks before the 144th running of the Kentucky Derby, … Continue reading
By Katie Scott Catholic News Service PORTLAND, Ore. (CNS) — On the North Santiam River east of Salem, Oregon, campers reel in wriggly fish, rally courage for talent-show skits and belt out tunes in evening singalongs. It’s the classic hodgepodge … Continue reading
By Mark Pattison Catholic News Service WASHINGTON (CNS) — Restorative justice should be advocated as a key element in criminal justice reform, according to participants at an April 25 conference in Washington sponsored by the Catholic Mobilizing Network, which champions … Continue reading
By Carol Zimmermann Catholic News Service WASHINGTON (CNS) — In the last case before the U.S. Supreme Court this session, it seemed the majority of justices might uphold President Donald Trump’s travel ban on people from several Muslim-majority countries. Comments … Continue reading
Updated April 26 By Junno Arocho Esteves Catholic News Service VATICAN CITY (CNS) — A survivor of clergy sexual abuse in Chile said he hopes his meeting with Pope Francis will be an opportunity to make a difference and bring … Continue reading