This image of the Divine Mercy painted in 1943 by Felician Sister Mary Fabia Szatkowska and housed at the Felician Sisters’ motherhouse in Livonia, Mich., is believed to be the first of its kind painted in North America. Sister Fabia painted the image after a 1942 visit by Marian Father Joseph Jarzebowski, who fled Poland during World War II to spread devotion to the Divine Mercy in the United States. (CNS photo/Dan Meloy, The Michigan Catholic)

Bookmark the permalink.